Coming home after a stressful day at work? Well, your pet dog will surely release the stress from your life by his unconditional love. As diamonds are said to be a girl’s best friend synonymous to which dogs are said to be the best friend of a man. Pets, especially dogs have been preferred as domestic pets from the past many years. Many individuals take a pick of their favorite breed of their dog and bring it home bestowing on it lots of love and care. But one must also know to handle the dogs in an effective way in order to avoid any kind of accident in the future.
Here, we are going to discuss some of the information that one needs to know about the training of a dog. Leash training a dog is essentially important as it helps the trainer as to how to keep hold of the leash and also trains the dog to walk smoothly and smartly with the leash.
What is a leash?
A leash is basically a rope or somewhat similar object that is held tightly to the head or the neck of any animal for control or restraint. It also serves as a tool for the safety measures and lets your dog be in hold of your hand at the time of outing. Some leashes are tied to the harness, collar or halter of the animal and others can also be attached directly to the neck of the animal.
Kinds of leashes available
- Metal chain
- Tab leashes in short length
- Braided soft leather leashes along with a handle for loop and a clip
- Webbing leash in nylon also termed as the training leash
- Extended length webbing leashes
- An adjustable loop handled enabled slip leash
- Retractable leash with a hook
Above mentioned are just some of the numerous types of leash available in the market for your dog, you can take a pick accordingly to your suitability and preference.
Advantages of leash training of a dog
- It serves the purpose of training the dog to walk nicely and smartly in a social gathering.
- Leashes help in constraining the specific movements and behaviors of a dog as these pets are very active and thrilled to explore in the open areas.
- It restricts the path traveled by the dog as this is a positive point to limit the dog to walk further in case of any suspected danger.
- It is very easy and convenient for the owner as well as the dog to remain confined in a particular area and allow the dog to play or be trained in a safe and secure environment.